Empty Your Mind Before You Go to Sleep
- The news events of the day overstimulate your brain, haunt you through the night, and steal your peaceful sleep.
- Stop watching or reading news 2 to 3 hours before going to bed. This will help your mind relax.
- When you wake up in the morning, you can catch up with the news if you want to.
Here is a relaxation exercise that helps you fall asleep peacefully
- Lie down or sit back in an easy chair, and completely relax both your mind and body. Just let go of everything—every thought, idea, limitation, pain, every past event or future worry, every feeling, just about everything that could possibly arise in your mind—and just relax completely and ease into your body and mind.
- Breathe deeply and release your breath slowly. Again, breathe deeply and release slowly. Do it a few times, possibly for the next 2 to 3 minutes. You will feel your body and mind relaxing. Don’t think about it, though. Just ease into your breathing.
- Let your breathing take a natural rhythm and follow it. Your breathing will slow down and become very enjoyable and relaxing. Ease into it. Let it be. Let nothing bother you at this time. You are alone. You are free. You are enjoying yourself.
- As you relax and ease into this state, you will feel all the restlessness in your body and mind completely dissolve. If you still feel a bit of restlessness, continue to ease into your breathing. Just let it be. If you want to, observe your breathing as it naturally happens.
- Doing this exercise for 5 to 10 minutes is usually sufficient to completely relax you, but if you feel like you need to do it longer, that’s fine, too. But within the first 5 minutes, you may notice yourself falling into a sleeplike state where you are deeply relaxed.
- Rest there as long as you feel like. If you decide not to wake up and just go to sleep, continue to ease into your body and be relaxed.
- You will sure fall asleep with this exercise if done right!